A lot of people are frightened to try to make lobster souffle, give it a try you will be suprised by the results.
You will love it!
2 cups Lobster Meat, cooked and diced
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp butter
1 ½ Tbsp flour
5 egg yolks
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp paprika
2 Tbsp heavy cream
5 egg whites
1. In a small sauce pan bring milk to a simmer over medium heat.
2. In a separate pan melt butter and blend in flour. Cook while stirring 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat and whisk in the hot milk.
4. Cook this mixture about 2 additional minutes until thickened.
5. Reduce the heat to low and add egg yolks one at a time. Blend until smooth.
6. Blend in salt, pepper, paprika, lobster and cream.
7. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
8. Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
9. Grease or butter a 1 ½ quart soufflé or casserole dish.
10. In large separate bowl beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Stir ¼ of the egg whites into lobster mixture, then fold this mixture into the remaining egg whites in the bowl.
11. Pour this into the soufflé dish.
12. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until puffed and lightly browned on top and set in the center.
Serve straightaway with a salad of your choice and enjoy.
Enjoyed your lobster souffle? Go back to my recipes page